Tagliatelle Bolognese (Of Your Dreams)
Servings: 3. Non Vegetarian
|Lamb, mince||500 grams|
Simonini Salami Ungherese, or Pancetta Bacon
|1 pkt (150 gm)|
|Onion, fine chopped||2 each|
|Celery, fine chopped||2 stalks|
|Carrot, fine chopped||1 each|
|Garlic, fine chopped||4 cloves|
|Rosemary, fine chopped leaves||4 stalks|
|Basil||1 small bunch, on the stem|
|Red Wine||1/3 cup|
|The Gourmet Jar Tomato Basil Sauce||
1 bottle (390 gm)
|Chicken/Veg Stock (or water)||
3 tbsp (45 gm)
1/4 cup (60 gm)
|Black pepper, freshly ground||
Morelli Egg Tagliatelle Pasta
1 pkt (250 gm)
To garnish (be generous)
1. Finely chop onions, carrots, celery, garlic and rosemary.
2. Chop the salami (or bacon) into small pieces. Heat your pan with 3 tbsp of veg oil and add the salami. Cook it on medium heat just until it has rendered its delicious fat. Then add all the chopped veggies, rosemary and bayleaf to the pan and cook until softened and light brown.
3. Add the minced lamb and sauté until browned. The meat will release liquid and the liquid will need to fully evaporate before the meat starts browning. Mix it every couple of minutes, it will take time, do not rush it. This browning will make a more flavourful bolognese.
4. Once the meat has browned, add the red wine, scrape the bottom of the pan to get all that tasty stuff that's stuck to the bottom, and let it cook for a couple of minutes. Now add your tomato basil sauce, chicken stock (or water), and the fresh basil. Mix it all together, season with salt and pepper, and let it simmer for 30 mins on low heat, mixing occasionally.
5. To finish, add the butter and cream and mix them into the sauce. Taste and season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove the bunch of basil. At this point your bolognese is done, you can cool it and store it in the refrigerator for later (it will taste better the next day!) or freeze it.
6. For the tagliatelle bolognese, boil your Morelli Egg Tagliatelle in salted water until 90% cooked, it will take approximately 5 minutes. Do not overcook it! Drain the cooked pasta and mix it with the bolognese sauce. If you doubled this recipe like we did, keep half the sauce aside to pack in an airtight boxes and freeze.
7. Serve your tagliatelle bolognese in a bowl topped with a generous amount of grated Ford Farm Coastal Cheddar. You're going to love it!