Ginger Scallion Tagliolini
Servings: 4. Veg or Non-Veg
A staple at Great NY Noodletown restaurant in New York City, and later made famous at Momofuku Noodle Bar a few blocks away, these Ginger Scallion Noodles are simplicity at its tastiest. We combine the most delicious, chewy noodles (or in this case pasta) we can find with the classic Ginger Scallion Sauce recipe adapted from Momofuku's cookbook. Morelli Tagliolini with Egg has the perfect bite, but for a vegetarian option simply use one of Morelli's egg-free pastas. Finish with a drizzle of chilli oil, a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and some crunchy bok choy. Irresistible.
Morelli Tagliolini Egg Pasta (Or substitute any Morelli Veg long Pasta)
Ginger, peeled and finely chopped
|Scallions/Spring Onions, chopped||2 cups|
|Veg Oil||1/3 cup|
|Sherry Vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)||1.5 tbsp|
|Light Soy Sauce||1.5 tbsp|
|Sesame Oil||1 tbsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||To taste|
|Sesame Seeds||To Garnish|
Chilli Oil/Chilli Crisp
|Bok Choy, sauteed||1 bunch|
- Add the chopped scallions and finely chopped ginger in a large heat-proof bowl.
- Heat the veg oil in a small pan for 2 mins over medium heat. Pour the oil over the ginger and scallions and mix them. Let the mixture cool for 5 mins.
- Season the sauce with vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper and salt. Taste and adjust the seasoning as you like. Cover the sauce and let it rest for the flavours to meld together.
- Boil your pasta in salted water until just cooked and still chewy. 5 mins in boiling water, as printed on the packet, works perfectly for the Tagliolini. Strain, saving the cooking liquid in a container below.
- While your pasta is boiling, quickly sauté the bok choy, seasoning with some chopped garlic (if you like), salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the bowl with the sauce. Add about 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and mix it up.
- To serve, add a generous helping of noodles in a bowl, garnish with boy choy, chilli oil, and sesame seeds. Enjoy! (PS - If you have leftover noodles, they are delicious chilled from the fridge the next day!)